Monday, October 16, 2006

I feel I should write something ... anything.

It's been quite a while since I've been a regular contributor to my own blog. Pretty sad state of affairs.

***

In a lot of ways I really hate dating. I'm sure everyone's got a different opinion on the subject but it's not something I generally look forward to. When did our society stop producing women who you can have a conversation with? I swear if I hear "what are you thinking?" one more time I'm going to strangle the person. Especially when its only the second date!

I mean do women have such uninteresting and uninspired lives that they have nothing to say for themselves? Are they so disinterested in the world around them that the only thing they have to contribute to a conversation is "what are you thinking?" The real kicker is that 99% of the time I have to lie to them because if I say that I'm thinking about school, other women, politics or war they either get annoyed or respond with varying degrees of ignorance.

My kingdom for an intelligent woman!

***

School is a seeming joke. I have to start teaching in three weeks but I still don't know where my placement is going to be nor do I feel that I've learned anything so far that would make more capable of teaching than before I started teacher's college.

***

Everyday I come home I see the wedding gift that I bought for a friend of mine and still haven't managed to get to her. I swear one of these days it will make it to her place!

***

Despite my previous rant concerning dating I've gone out on a few dates with someone new. Its a good thing that I live with meager means because she's intelligent, thoughtful and quite the conversationalist! Hip-hip-hooray! She's also quite attractive which is a definite plus.

No comments: