Saturday, November 25, 2006

Cement

Well today is my 20th consecutive day of work. Not a record by any stretch and in no way am I going to complain especially when compared to sweatshop workers in the thirdworld. Still its a bit tiring and leaves little time for a personal life. But now my first teaching placement is complete (I passed with flying colours by the way) and if there is one thing that I know, I know that I want to be a teacher.

I had always been a bit hesitant about it all, particularly with the idea of working with young kids, however that is all gone now. I am 100% secure in my decision to become a teacher.

The thing that cemented it all for me was after a morning away from the students that I had been teaching for two and a half weeks. When I returned to the class in the afternoon they were all over me, demanding to know why I wasn't with them and wanting to know where I was. It made me feel really good to know that I had been missed and that they had enjoyed having me in their classroom.

I can't wait to get back into the classroom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congradulations, Vespasian. You are now likely in the top 4 most important persons in the life of your charges. In some cases, you are the most important, most caring person in their life. It's a great privilege, and responsibility.

Does this mean your mind is no longer confused; that you need to change your blog title? ;) ("I have found my special purpose")

Andy (anon, because betablogger won't accept non beta user comments)